We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @ABCInvestigates: Kayla Mueller in Captivity: Courage, Selflessness as She Defended Christian Faith to ISIS Executioner 'Jihadi John' h… 19 hours ago
- RT @MNNTeam: Boko Haram attack rubs salt in an old wound @VOM_USA goo.gl/bn0hlH 3 days ago
- RT @SportsCenter: History! Neymar nets the winner, lifting Brazil over Germany in penalties to claim 1st Olympic gold in men's soccer. http… 5 days ago
- RT @IJM: Today, there are over 45 million people are held in slavery today. (Global Slavery Index, 2016) 1 week ago
- RT @NBCOlympics: Catch me if you can. #Rio2016 https://t.co/TtU6iERDHo 1 week ago