We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- Such a blessing to see my long time friend from #Haiti get baptized today! #GodisGood http://t.co/A12ElYwK7g 12 hours ago
- RT @TheHobbitMovie: Peter Jackson and the cast of #TheHobbit recall their fondest memories of real Middle-earth. @PureNewZealand http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @ComedyCentral: Time to say goodbye, Nation. Watch the epic, unforgettable #ColbertFinale. on.cc.com/1zcw1YY http://t.co/QW4xb5Rl8w 1 day ago
- Fun night of #ChristmasCaroling with @missionya http://t.co/Ib5FTX5Qer 2 days ago
- RT @Invisible: Our final video is love letter to you – in one way or another, you said yes to the invisible children of the world: http://t… 2 days ago