We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @ccef: New resource from Ed Welch | Addictions: Rewriting an Addict's Story | $19 download ccef.org/addictions-rew… http://t.co/MMYOKtALap 1 day ago
- RT @NASA: Explore beautiful @NASA_Hubble images from each year the telescope has orbited: go.nasa.gov/1zQf8zz #Hubble25 http://t.co/LDkL… 2 days ago
- RT @FootballASU: 11 years ago we mourned the loss of a teammate & friend. Today we celebrate the man who embodies our community #PT42 http:… 2 days ago
- RT @AZCardinals: Teammate. Friend. Soldier. Hero. We miss you, Pat Tillman. bit.ly/pt40_photos #NeverForget40 http://t.co/sQtx7ghUFv 2 days ago
- RT @IJM: .@GaryHaugen’s talk from #TED2015 is here! WATCH “The Hidden Reason for Poverty the World Needs to Address”: https://t.co/DvBPgOI1… 3 days ago