We had a fun drive down. I was in David’s van and he was the only person that I knew. He was good at being intentional about asking questions to get people knowing each other. I had fun getting to know this girl Britney next to me. We were having photo wars with our phones and who took the best pictures. As we crossed the border, I started to recognize the scenery around us from previous trips to Rocky Point as this place was a regular hang-out for me in my college days. I am looking forward to shedding those memories and replacing them with new ones with a new focus and perspective for this city. We stopped at Pollo Lucas – a restaurant off the main road. As we waited for our food, I got to make some new friends from other vans. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They brought us chicken, rice and of course sodas bottled in glass bottles. It was a good lunch to start off the weekend.
- RT @Dbacks: Remember that time Will Ferrell ate a #ChurroDog in the #Dbacks dugout? #FerrellTakesTheField on Sept. 12 on @HBO. https://t.… 1 day ago
- A month long fitness challenge for NORMAL people like you. Join Me! Click this... goo.gl/Tq7HLP #FitByFirst 1 day ago
- RT @fourpeaksbrew: Save the date: 9/9! It's the Great Pumpkin... Porter Countdown! 14 days until that pumpkin-y goodness hits your lips! 1 day ago
- It's #HatchChili season! Gonna cook up some spicy dishes this weekend 😥 @ajsfinefoods http://t.co/DTX0F3KwPS 1 day ago
- RT @madeinafreewrld: #VIDEO: @TIME documents the grim reality of real sex stings in Chicago. ti.me/1U6ZbE0 http://t.co/SISLdpTKyZ 2 days ago